Who we are
The website www.organisedchaoswithkids.com (the “website”) is owned and operated by Organised Chaos with Kids’ (“Organised Chaos with Kids”,or “we”, “us” or “our”). We are a company registered in England and Wales(company number 11975945), and our registered office is: 68 Capel Road, London,E7 0JR.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General DataProtection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the UnitedKingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties. These third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products on our website, post material to our website, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website and when you engage with us on social media.
We collect this personal information from you either directly (such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products via our website)or indirectly (such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below)).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out by you. This information includes:
- your name
- your email address, so we can send confirmation emails
- your contact telephone number, for if we need to contact you about your order
- delivery details of the order (such as, recipient’s name, address, delivery instructions)
- your order history and details of the items you have purchased
- any personalised messages or customisation related to your order(s)
- any correspondence or communication with us
- details of any feedback you give us by email, post or via social media
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account and orders with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose. A good example is where you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
- contract: in certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier provider.
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law, such as providing details of people involved in fraud to law enforcement.
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best service/products and with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
Who we may share your personal information with
- we sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, this could include:
- delivery providers or couriers so that they can deliver your order to you.
- our e-commerce and payment processing providers (including foxy.io, Paypal, Airtable and Stripe) who carry out financial transactions and payment processing activities.
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this might be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the UK and EEA. If we transfer personal information to countries outside of the EEA, we may rely on a decision from the European Commission (or, in the case of the UK, the Secretary of State) determining that the country provides an adequate level of protection to the Data Protection Laws. We may also rely on the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework where the transfer is to the US.Alternatively, we may rely on appropriate safeguards set out by law in respect of transfers of personal information to a country outside of the EEA, for example, by agreeing standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission or the UK Government.
A copy of the standard contractual clauses are available on the European Commission's website here and for more information about the EU-USPrivacy Shield Framework for US companies, please click here.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device (e.g.computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site. We do not require your consent to place these cookies. Nevertheless, you may be able to block these cookies yourself on your device or browser, but restricting these cookies is likely to mean that our site will not work as you would expect and certain functionality may be inoperable.
- Non-essential cookies. These may include the following:
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information will be used by us and third parties to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose but only if you consent to such sharing.
You can consent to our use of non-essential cookies when you are prompted to do so when you visit our website.
If you wish to remove cookies placed on your device by our site or stop our site placing further cookies on your device you can do this at any time. You may withdraw your consent at any point and you can also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, as set out above, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. More information about cookies, including how to block them or delete them, can be found at http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
We would like to send you information about our products and services, competitions, special offers, and information which may be of interest to you, such as our blog posts. We will only send you marketing messages when you agree to be added to our mailing list or when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online order form. Where we have your consent, we may send you such information by post or by email.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at email@example.com
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses and provides guidance on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems. For more information, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete the personal information that we hold. Please contact us to make a request.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.